EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
Pentyrch Bowling Club (PBC) is fully committed to the concept of equality and will conduct its activities to ensure that there is no discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and national origin. While primary responsibility for providing equality lies with PBC, individual members have responsibilities to refrain from unlawful actions and to assist in preventing discrimination of any kind and in promoting equality. Everyone will be treated with respect and PBC strives to provide an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
General Statement of Policy
PBC has adopted a policy statement relating to equality of opportunity. This policy must be strictly adhered to by all members. The following conditions apply:
· No member or prospective member will receive less favourable treatment or be disadvantaged by any circumstances, conditions or requirements that cannot be justified.
· The Committee recognizes that people are discriminated against and will make every effort to ensure it will not unreasonably exclude any individual from access to the activities, facilities and services that are provided.
· Every member is entitled to expect equality of opportunity in all aspects of their membership including its terms and conditions.
· Every potential member is entitled to expect any recruitment process to be free of all unreasonable barriers.
· Every member shall comply with any measures that are introduced to ensure equality of opportunity and non-discrimination.
· No member shall victimize an individual on grounds that they have made complaints or provided information about discrimination or harassment.
· No member shall induce, or attempt to induce, other members or Committee to discriminate.
· No member shall harass, abuse or intimidate another member on any grounds.
· All members of PBC shall be made aware of this policy and its implications for them.
Equality and diversity
PBC is committed to providing a safe recreational environment where discrimination and/or harassment do not occur on the basis of age, colour, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital or family status, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. The following apply:
· All members have the responsibility of implementing fair practices and challenging unfair discrimination.
· All members will be enabled to fulfill their potential as far as is reasonably possible.
· All persons will be afforded dignity and treated with respect.
· Differences between people will be recognized, acknowledged and celebrated.
· The club intends to provide for all young people, whatever their ethic descent and their social and personal circumstances.
· Committee and coaches will always value and reflect diversity.
· Equality of opportunity and treatment is a core value within PBC.
· PBC undertakes to monitor all practices for direct or indirect bias or discrimination.