Pentyrch Bowling Club (PBC) is fully committed to providing excellent bowling and club facilities for the benefit of all members and our guests. It will do this with full regard to all aspects of environmental sustainability.
Objectives of policy
PBC has adopted a statement relating to environmental policy. This policy must be adhered to by all members.
The club shall:
• Promote high standards of environmental management and minimise any adverse impacts on the environment.
• Adopt a ‘fabric-first’ approach to building the new sustainable clubhouse through higher levels of insulation and air tightness than are required by planning regulations.
• Minimise the creation of waste and dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods in compliance with environmental legislation.
• Encourage energy efficiency through minimising the use of energy in the club’s activities and by giving preference to renewable over finite energy resources wherever possible.
• Ensure the most efficient use of materials and, wherever possible, make use of renewable and recycled products.
• Avoid the use of environmentally exploitative products such as peat and tropical hardwoods.
Activities to achieve these objectives
• Appoint a member as an environmental officer to ensure that the environmental policies are adhered to.
• Ensure that the environmental officer becomes a member of, and reports to, the club’s management committee.
• Encourage members to adopt and take responsibility for the implementation of the environmental policy.
• Provide all members with access to the environmental policy through the club’s noticeboards and website.
• Use local contractors and materials whenever such skills and materials exist locally.
• Work alongside the other sport organisations on the Parc Yr Dwrlyn site to help maintain the surroundings in good environmental condition and appearance.
Each member of PBC will be personally responsible for participating in and following the environmental policy. The ultimate objective is to conserve the bowls green facilities for the enjoyment of all – members and visitors alike – now and into the future.